A Century City

Hazardous Waste

Hazardous Waste Disposal

APPLIANCES   For disposal of metal, microwaves, fridges, freezers, dehumidifiers, computers & related appliances, contact city personnel or solid waste personnel.  See rate schedule for disposal fee.

WASTE OIL   Waste oil is accepted by Roseau County Cooperative Assn. (RCCA), Greenbush. 

BATTERIES  Businesses that sell batteries must take up to five old batteries when a new one is purchased.  The following pay you for your used batteries:

Jon’s Auto Salvage                                        (218)782-2504
Johnson Oil Company                                  (800)642-0244
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE   A collection site is generally held in the fall each year at the city garage/Sheep Palace.  Watch The Tribune for date & time or contact the Roseau County Environmental Office.


Fluorescent Light Bulbs

Household Compact or Regular Fluorescent Light Bulbs are considered hazardous waste and must be disposed of properly. They have a disposal fee of 50 cents that must be paid at the time of disposal. The reason they are hazardous waste is that they contain small amounts mercury.